The first biography of crane to appear in thirty years the broken tower reads with all the drama of a psychological novel and the inexorable force of a greek tragedy. The last new poem meant to be published in hart cranes life the broken tower 1932 has been widely acknowledged by whom as one of the best lyrics of cranes last years if not his career. Harold hart crane was born in garrettsville ohio on july 21 1899 the only son of grace hart crane an intelligent sensitive woman and c a crane a success driven businessman the poets childhood was materially secure but emotionally difficult. I suspect hart cranes life is one that resists biography making paul marianis task a tall one still the broken tower struck me as particularly slapdash at times merely a retelling via paraphrase of cranes own letters to various individuals over the course of his life
How it works:
1. Register a Free 1 month Trial Account.
2. Download as many books as you like ( Personal use )
3. No Commitment. Cancel anytime.
4. Join Over 100.000 Happy Readers.
5. That's it. What you waiting for? Sign Up and Get Your Books.